This policy will explain areas of this website that may affect your privacy and personal details, how we process, collect, manage and store those details and how your rights under the GDPR, DPA & PECR are adhered to.
Further explanations may be provided for specific pages or features of this website in order to help you understand how we, this website and its third parties (if any) interact with you and your computer / device in order to serve it to you. Our contact information is provided if you have any questions.
1. Introduction & General Terms
2. Who are we?
3. What information will POLPO collect about me?
4. How will POLPO use the information it collects about me?
5. Your POLPO Account
6. When will POLPO contact me?
7. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
8. Will POLPO share my personal information with anyone else?
9. What if I am a user aged under 16?
10. How long will POLPO keep my personal information?
11. Can I delete my data?
12. Can I find out what personal information POLPO holds about me?
13. Web browser cookies
a. What is a cookie?
c. POLPO Sharing Tools
d. POLPO cookies and how to reject cookies
e. Other information collected from web browsers
14. Apps and Devices
15. Changes to POLPO’s Privacy and Cookies Policy
16. Contacting POLPO about this Privacy and Cookies Policy
1. INTRODUCTION & GENERAL TERMS
POLPO is committed to protecting your and your family’s personal information when you are using our services. We want our services to be safe and enjoyable for our customers. This Privacy and Cookies Policy relates to our use of any personal information we collect from you via the following services:
• any POLPO website that links to this Privacy and Cookies Policy;
• social media or official POLPO content on other websites;
• mobile devices and other Applications (“Apps”);
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person when visiting our premises.
In order to provide you with the full range of POLPO services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy explains the following:
• what information POLPO may collect about you;
• how POLPO will use information we collect about you;
• when POLPO may use your details to contact you;
• whether POLPO will disclose your details to anyone else;
• your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
POLPO is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998 and the European General Data Protection Regulation, namely Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 repealing Directive 95/46/EC (these laws are referred to collectively in this Privacy and Cookies Policy as the “data protection laws”).
2. WHO ARE WE?
POLPO Ltd is a restaurant group.
When we refer to ‘’we’’ or ‘’our’’ or ‘’POLPO” we are referring to any other subsidiary companies that we might from time to time add to this list.
3. WHAT INFORMATION WILL POLPO COLLECT ABOUT ME?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of POLPO’s products, services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards, email and mobile notifications, telephone or text POLPO, book tickets for a POLPO event or create an account using POLPO’s online registration system we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, gender or date of birth, as well as information collected about your use of POLPO products and services (such as when you last visited our premises, what pages you visit on POLPO website and items you have “purchased” when signed in to your POLPO account).
If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 16, we may process limited personal data about you so you can give consent for the child to access some POLPO products or services. We may use your contact details to communicate with you about the child’s account or use of services.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information. When we do this we will provide further information about why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
Where we provide personalised services, we may ask your permission to review third party data about you, for example, your Twitter or Facebook feeds, to get to know you better and to provide more effective personalisation. Some of our services enable you to sign-in via a third party service, such as Facebook. If you choose to sign-in via a third party app, you will be presented with a dialog box which will ask your permission to allow POLPO to access your personal information (e.g. your full name, date of birth, email address and any other information you have made publicly accessible). Please note that any information that is not required by the particular service you have opted to use will not be retained by POLPO.
POLPO collects information about how you use POLPO mobile or other Apps, POLPO websites or other POLPO content online, and the device(s) you use to access the services. This includes collecting unique online identifiers such as IP addresses, which are numbers that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet.
4. HOW WILL POLPO USE THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS ABOUT ME?
POLPO will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
• to provide our services, activities or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries
• to provide you with the most user-friendly online navigation experience
• where we provide personalised services, we may analyse the information you supply, as well as your activity using our products and services, so that we can offer a more relevant, tailored service. For instance, we could use your website viewing history to provide personalised recommendations. If you are signed-in or subscribed to email newsletters, you will receive a personalised service. If you don’t want to receive these services you can unsubscribe from email newsletters, or disable personalisation. Please visit Your Account in the POLPO Preference Centre to find out more. This is located at https://polpo.my-pref.com/
• we may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes; and here POLPO proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. Please see section 18 below for details.
5. YOUR POLPO ACCOUNT
If you have registered for a POLPO account this will also allow you to login to the POLPO website for your location and some other POLPO websites and apps. These services might be run by POLPO or they could be run by Ticket to Venice, Spuntino or Polpetto (or a combination of all four). To provide you with a seamless experience, it may be necessary to share your personal information between the organisations. We will only share what we need to in order to provide the service you are using. We will never routinely share all of the data we each hold about you.
You might be asked to use your POLPO Account on other POLPO services to enable you to sign in and seamlessly enjoy POLPO services.
Your POLPO account will always be covered by the policies of this website. But, please be aware that additional policies may apply if your POLPO account is linked to another account.
7. WHEN WILL POLPO CONTACT ME?
POLPO may contact you:
• in relation to any service, activity or online content you or your under-16-year-old child have signed up for, in order to ensure that POLPO can deliver the services, e.g. to verify your email when you sign up for a POLPO account, or to help you reset your password or to ask whether you agree to your child’s request for additional account permissions)
• in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about POLPO products or services
• in relation to any personalised services you are using
• in relation to any communication you have submitted to POLPO, eg: on POLPO message boards or feedback forms or via text or voicemail message
• to invite you to participate in surveys about POLPO services (participation is always voluntary)
• to update you on any material changes to POLPO’s policies and practices
• for marketing purposes, as set out in section 7.
9. WHAT IF I AM A USER AGED UNDER 16?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to POLPO. If you are under 16 and want to register for a POLPO account then you will need to provide your date of birth to make sure you can use the parts of POLPO Online that are meant for you and for younger visitors. If you are under 16 then we will need consent from your parent/guardian before you can use some of our services. Please click here for more information about registering for a POLPO account.
10. HOW LONG WILL POLPO KEEP MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with POLPO. If you delete your POLPO account then your personal information is deleted immediately, and the remaining information is anonymised for analytical purposes. For further information about deleting your POLPO account, please see section 12 below.
11. CAN I DELETE MY DATA?
If the data we hold about you is not required for us to fulfil a legal obligation, you can delete your personal data by visiting the preference centre https://polpo.my-pref.com/
As explained in section 11 above, deleting your POLPO account will erase any personal information in your account that we have about you and it will mean any data we hold about how you have used POLPO products and services will be made anonymous.
12. CAN I FIND OUT WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION POLPO HOLDS ABOUT ME?
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information POLPO holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files. If you are within the UK, please address requests and questions about this or any other question about this Privacy and Cookies Policy to the Data Protection Officer, POLPO, Golden Square (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
We will need two copies of forms of identification, which can be: Passport, Driving licence Birth certificate, Utility bill (from last 3 months) Current vehicle registration document Bank statement (from last 3 months) Rent book (from last 3 months).
13. WEB BROWSER COOKIES
14. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (all referred to here as a “device”) web browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your web browser if your browser’s preferences allow it. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows. Similar technologies are also often used within emails to understand whether the email has been read or if any links have been clicked. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on POLPO website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.
On POLPO websites, cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor our websites to your interests.
A. POLPO SHARING TOOLS
You will also see embedded ‘share’ buttons on POLPO web pages; these enable users to easily share content with their friends through a number of popular social networks. When you click on one of these buttons, a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through. POLPO does not control the dissemination of these cookies. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on POLPO website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time
B. POLPO COOKIES AND HOW TO REJECT COOKIES
It is important to note that if you change your settings and block certain cookies, you will not be able to take full advantage of some features of POLPO services, and we might not be able to provide some features you have previously chosen to receive.
C. OTHER INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM WEB BROWSERS
Your web browser may also provide POLPO with information about your device, such as an IP address and details about the browser that you are using. We use information provided by your browser or by the link that you have clicked to understand the webpage that directed you to POLPO Online and this may be captured by performance cookies.
16. CONTACTING POLPO ABOUT THIS PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
If you any questions or comments about this Privacy and Cookies Policy please contact: The Data Protection Officer
23 Golden Square